Historically, Valentine’s Day has been a holiday reserved for the coupled up. In fact, 50% of marriage proposals still happen on 14 February and some statistics indicate that around 6% more babies are conceived on the Day of Love.
But just because you haven’t been struck by Cupid’s Bow in what seems like *forever* doesn’t mean that you should miss out on the holiday fun. At least as far as the bedroom is concerned.
V-Day Fun for Everyone
Think Valentine’s Day is for couple’s only?
Think again! Things are, fortunately, starting to change as we broaden our definition of love and celebrate those who bring us joy. Galentine’s Day – a day to celebrate your gal pals – takes place on 13 February each year and is now firmly cemented in popular culture. Data also shows that we are spoiling our pets on Valentine’s Day, too, with over R11.7 billion being spent on our furry friends in 2020.
Advancements in technology also mean that there is a sex toy to suit any relationship status, from single to long-time lovers. Here’s our gift guide of naughty gifts to treat your loved one, or yourself, to this Valentine’s Day (and every day after that, too!).
You don’t need a partner to get next-level satisfaction. Sex toys come with all the pleasure and none of the drama, anyway! Use the Month of Love to reconnect with yourself, both mind AND body, and enjoy some much-needed ‘me-time’.
- Masturbator For Him The Arcwave Ion Pleasure Air Stroker is an award-winning device and has been described as the ‘closest thing to a female orgasm’.
- Clitoral Stimulator For Her The Premium 2 Clitoral Stimulator by Womanizer uses Pleasure Air Technology to offer intense stimulation – no partner required!
Sure, you and bae might be miles apart. But innovative sex toys mean that you can feel physically connected no matter where you are. Simply connect your toys to your devices and you can start tantalising each other from afar.
- Interactive Toy For Him The Svakom Sam Neo Interactive Suction & Vibration Masturbator can be synched with your tech to allow your partner to control the thrusting and vibrations.
- Interactive Toy For Her Small but mighty, the Svakom Edeny App-Controlled Clitoral Vibrator puts the power in your partner’s hands. It’s also portable and discreet for sexy catch-ups whenever the mood strikes.
Friends With Benefits
If you’re in a strictly physical relationship with no emotional connection, that’s cool. But it’s even cooler if you remember to stay safe by keeping yourself protected while you are getting out and getting laid. No excuses!
- Condoms These are crucial when it comes to protecting yourself from sexually-transmitted diseases. The Hex Re-Engineered Original Condoms by Lelo offer sublime sensation, an impeccable fit and all the safety.
- Hygiene Not keeping your sex toys clean can lead to bacteria entering your bits. Not a vibe! Prevent that from happening by cleaning yours regularly with Lelo Anti-Bacterial Premium Toy Cleaning Spray.
- Lube Not just used to make things *feel* better, lube can also keep everyone safe by reducing the friction that can cause discomfort or break condoms. Add a touch of class to your sex life with Lelo Premium Moisturising Water-Based Lubricant.
Have you been dating for some time and have assigned each other the terms ‘boyfriend’ and ‘girlfriend’? Being committed doesn’t have to mean the end of bedroom fun (especially when there are so many toys for two!)
- Cock Ring For Him Level up the average penis by adding the Winni 2 App-Controlled Vibrating Penis Ring by Svakom. This device offers extended and intense pleasure for both people involved.
- Egg Vibrator For Her Not only is the Lovense Lush 3 Interactive Egg Vibrators beautiful to behold and easily controlled using an app but it packs a major punch when it comes to delivering OMG orgasms.
- Vibrator For Couples Designed with couples in mind, the Rocks-Off Two-Vibe Couples Vibrator has two motors and is ergonomically designed to ensure that you and bae are both comfortable during coitus.
Put a Ring on It (But Not *That* Kind!)
It’s a common misconception that with marriage comes a non-existent sex life. Adding some sex toys can spice up even the stalest intimate relationships and help you both relive the romps of your youth.
- Prostate Massager For Him The Svakom Iker Interactive Prostate and Perineum Vibrator is controlled remotely via the Svakom APP, allowing your partner to lead you on a journey of pleasure, from anywhere, at any time.
- Panty Vibrator For Her It doesn’t come more discreet than the sleek We-Vibe Moxie Panty Vibrator that fits snuggly into her underwear for app-controlled fun on-the-go.
- Set For Couples Want to explore each others’ limits? The Limited Edition BDSM Gift Box by Svakom contains everything you need for some entry-level kink and will help you unleash your seductive potential.
But before you get down to business with your new sex toys, you need to…
Set the Mood
A great way to set the mood on Valentine’s Day (or any day, TBH) is to harness the sensitivity of the five senses. Here’s what you need to make your intimate experience a holistic one.
- Sight Make a fiercely seductive statement in the Aina Harness Mesh Set by Demoniq!
- Touch One sure-fire way to score bedroom points is by giving your partner a sensual massage using Bijoux Indiscrets Warming Massage Oil. Make it more powerful by using one of our wand vibrators as a massage tool.
- Smell Add some sensual scents to your playtime by lighting up the Bijoux Indiscrets Aphrodisia Scented Massage Candle while exploring your options using the Lucky Love Dice, also by Bijoux Indiscrets.
- Taste Whoever said you shouldn’t play with your food has *clearly* never licked this Chocolate Body Paint by Shunga off someone sexy before. Delicious!
- Sound Planning a sexy night in? Create a playlist beforehand of some romantic tunes. This – combined with the sound of your partner moaning with delight – are the soundtrack to your Valentine’s Day. Enjoy it!